Wednesday, February 01, 2006

All memed out - feline edition

7 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE

  • Finish my thesis
  • Learn to sing
  • Get my French up to the point where I can read Volatire, Montesquieu and Condorcet in the original language, then do so
  • Drive across America
  • Play in the main event at the World Series of Poker
  • Get elected to public office
  • Go to my childrens' weddings and my grandchildrens' christenings

7 THINGS I CANNOT DO

  • Suffer fools gladly
  • Feel your pain, unless I caused it
  • Play any sport involving co-ordination
  • Keep in touch with old friends as often as they deserve
  • Read on trains with greater than 80% recall
  • Understand Christians, despite having spent a term studying theology as part of history A-level
  • Work hard without the pressure of deadlines
7 THINGS THAT ATTRACT ME TO LONDON
  • Mummy
  • Daddy
  • My sister
  • My friends
  • Fond memories of a well-spent youth
  • Every period in history and every country in the world is there to see if you look for it
  • Knowing that you are in the world's greatest city

THINGS I OFTEN SAY

  • You are looking at the world as it should be, not as it is
  • My soul is only for sale to the highest bidder
  • Yes, that's right, and there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq too(to someone making implausible factual claims in political debate)
  • Dogs are evil and should be put down at birth
  • Awwwwwwwwwww (about cats)
  • Can I get back to you about that?
  • Excuse me

7 BOOKS THAT I LOVE

  • The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis
  • The Ender Saga - Orson Scott Card
  • A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
  • August 1914- Barbara Tuchman
  • The Selfish Gene - Richard Dawkins
  • Great Liberal Speeches - ed. Duncan Brack & Tony Little
  • Parliament of Whores - P.J. O'Rourke

7 MOVIES I WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN

  • Casablanca
  • Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • The Snatch
  • Shrek
  • Any Bond movie starring Sean Connery
  • Men in Black

7 PEOPLE I WANT TO JOIN IN TOO

I'm going to cheat on this one - Liberal England's tag was to both of us together, so there should only be 7 outgoing tags. To replace the one Femme-de-R passed to me, I tag Will Howells

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:42 pm , Blogger Femme de Resistance said...

    You are looking at the world as it should be, not as it is

    Hmmm, that gets applied to moi quite a bit :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home