Well I never...!
Question: does our win in the Dunfermline and West Fife by-election with a 16% swing:
- Indicate the recent scandals haven't damaged the party as much as the Westminster bubble thinks?
- Indicate David Cameron hasn't made much headway despite what the media are claiming? (how much progress do those 'Tories in lead' polls show the Tories really making? Is it as much as they should?)
- Result from local arguments, e.g. the proposed rises in Forth road bridge tolls?
- Indicate local conditions, i.e. this is a seat where the Tories could never make any progress so discontent with Labour will translate either into a Lib Dem vote as a 'lesser of several evils' OR a SNP vote?
- Indicate that the SNP aren't credible in this seat or the SNP are in decline in Scotland (I know nothing much about Scottish politics)?